- Required by law.
- You have given your consent in writing.
- The information you have given will be stored on our computer systems and used in the following ways:
- Communications: In order that we may keep you informed by post, email, telephone or other electronic means of the news, events or services that may be of interest.
- Web statistics: To improve the service to our stakeholders and to analyse our website's use without identifying you as an individual.
- Market Research: From time to time we may ask you to take part in surveys to assist us with improving our service to our stakeholders.
- To comply with legal process, or example search warrant, subpoena, court order etc.
- To protect APUC's rights and property.
- To investigate reports of users sending material using a false email address or users sending harassing, threatening, or abusive messages.
- To protect against misuse or unauthorised use of our website.
- During emergencies, for example when we believe someone's physical safety is at risk.
As a user of the APUC Ltd. website, you consent to the collection and use of information as outlined in this statement. If this statement is changed we will post these changes on the website at this location.
You can, under the Data Protection Act 1998, request a copy of the information we hold about you. If any information we hold about you is incorrect please let us know and we will correct it.
How to contact us
The Office Services Manager
14 New Mart Road
Use of visitor statistics
When you visit the APUC Ltd. website www.apuc-scot.ac.uk
Cookies are small, often encrypted text files, located in browser directories. They are used to help users navigate websites efficiently and perform certain functions. Due to their core role of enhancing/enabling usability or site processes, disabling cookies may prevent the use of certain features of websites.
Please refer to the allaboutcookies
website for more detailed information about cookies and for guidance on how to enable/disable them if required.
The APUC website uses the following types of cookie to enhance the features and functionality of the site for visitors:
||A random unique number comprising of letters and numbers.
||The cookie is deleted when you close your current web browser session.
||A session cookie is required to follow your visit to the website. It ensures that any information you enter, or pages you visit, is remembered by the website. Without this cookie, every page you visited would treat you as a completely new visitor. This cookie does not identify you personally and is not linked to any other information about you.
||Unique identifier numbers. PREF stores other options such as zoom level for maps.
||The NID cookie expires 6 months after your last visit to a page containing a Google Map and the PREF cookie expires after 2 years.
Even the best policy cannot protect your online privacy and security in all circumstances. Your best protection is to understand the limits to privacy on the Internet and use common sense in all of your online activities. Be aware that email is an inherently insecure form of communication. Remember that in extreme cases third parties are sometimes able to intercept your unencrypted messages.
APUC Ltd. is concerned about the security of your personal information particularly when using our website. Although we have taken all reasonable security precautions, we cannot guarantee internet security and subsequently cannot guarantee that any information you input on our site is totally secure. In addition to our online security efforts, we have taken steps to protect your personal data offline as well. All of your information is restricted to our offices. Employees are granted access on a need-to-know basis and are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices.